A community for warehouse and logistics discussion. Allows like-minded practitioners to interact by sharing ideas and knowledge in the forum.

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

SAP Trainer or Warehouse trainer

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Kel
Topic starter
(@kelvinlcs94)

Hi everyone, I have a question to ask regarding a career to be a SAP/WMS trainer in a company.

what are the job title we should start for beginner before going to a trainer position? Trainer conduct training for new staff on using WMS/SAP system or Warehouse processes in a company.

Also, what education or certificate do we need to progress to a trainer in logistic industry?

Hope someone can enlighten me. Thank you.

5 Replies
 Mary
(@marykeen)
Eminent Member

Hello, Kel. Below are my thoughts.

Seldom we will see a person becoming a full time SAP/WMS trainer within a company.
Normally, it's the supervisor/executive who is familiar with the system to guide and train the new staffs.

In larger companies, there may be a trainer role. But his/her role comprises not only training of systems, but other aspects as well.

Not sure about education/ certification. But in order to be an effective trainer, you will need relevant experiences. With the knowledge gained, you will then be able to share your know-how to the trainees.

1 Reply
 Kel
(@kelvinlcs94)

Hi Mary,

Thanks for the information.

What are other job tasks of a trainer role?

Mary
(@marykeen)
Eminent Member

The trainer can be involved in a company wide training enhancement program. He may also be involved in HR-related trainings. In such cases, the trainer may not be within the operations department. He will be a shared resource between multiple departments, such as operations and HR.

1 Reply
 Kel
(@kelvinlcs94)

Thanks for the sharing Mary appreciate it.

(@jessicaherron9)
Eminent Member

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: