What is WarehouseBlueprint?
- We offer you a way to present to your customers 3D version of your warehouse layout solutioning.
- This is simplified with pre-made dynamic components for SketchUp.
How should you proceed to achieve the objective of creating the 3D layout?
- Download SketchUp (free).
- Learn SketchUp basics.
- Download Trial version of WarehouseBlueprint Extension (free).
- Method to install WarehouseBlueprint Extension into SketchUp.
- Test out by creating a simple warehouse layout.
- Purchase the Full version of WarehouseBlueprint Extension.
- Use the full version to create your own 3D warehouse layout.
- Learn to create the Virtual Reality version of the layout.
- Additional excel tools to help you plan, analyze and track your operations.
- Online tools to provide an estimation on the fly.
What is SketchUp?
- SketchUp is a software that allows you to draw 3 dimensional items.
- Warehouse Dynamic Components is an extension/ plugin installed into SketchUp that enables you to model the warehouse much faster.
Can you use only Warehouse Dynamic Components extension to model a warehouse without installing SketchUp?
- No, you need to install SketchUp first before using Warehouse Dynamic Components extension.
For the dynamic components created with the extension, are you able share it with other SketchUp users?
- You can share the warehouse model with other SketchUp users.
- However, if other users do not have the extension installed, they will be unable to modify the components.
Why do you need to wait a long processing time when moving the dynamic component around?
- There are multiple formulas working in the background whenever there is a change to the dynamic component, be it the change in the component options or the position of the component.
- A good way to mitigate this is to finalize the configuration of the component, and then using the "explode" function to break down each item, and "make component" again.
- Another tip is to place different components in different layers. Make the layers invisible if not in use during modeling.
If there is a need to configure the component to something else and the option to change is not in the component options menu, how can you address this?
- One way to address this is to manually edit the components.
- The component options menu focus on the general changes required.
- There will be situations where ad hoc changes are not coded in the components.
Does the extension support both Win and Mac computers?
- It currently only supports Win.
What version of SketchUp does the extension supports?
- It currently only supports SketchUp 8 to version 2017.
What happens after you purchase from the Shop page?
- 2 auto-generated emails will be sent to the email address you have keyed in during the purchase.
- One of the emails is the receipt of your purchase.
- In the other email, there will be a web link for you to download the pdf files and videos.
- You need to reply to the mail (the one with the web link) with 2 of your MAC addresses so that we can configure and send to you the plugin extension file (.rbz file).
How do you get the MAC Address of your workstation?
- There are various ways to get the MAC Address. Click here to find out more.