A community for warehouse and logistics discussion. Allows like-minded practitioners to interact by sharing ideas and knowledge in the forum.

Do any of you or ha...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Do any of you or has anyone heard of a Labor Management System (LMS)?

5 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@Anonymous)

Hi everyone,

Has any of you heard of a labor management system (LMS)? I'm just learning about what an LMS and it seems like it could be helpful to use to increase efficiency. Any success stories? How much did you pay for it? Why wouldn't you use one? Etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

DK

4 Replies
Joker
(@michaeltest)
Eminent Member

I have heard of LMS before, but it's not commonly used. Typically, there are multiple variations/scenarios to the operations, thus, the ops manager normally use a ballpark estimate for certain operations. Unsure if you can input multiple scenario into the software.

1 Reply
 AA
(@AA)

@michaeltest Thanks for your input. From the research I've done, it sounds like it has the opportunity to measure employee efficiencies on value added tasks and non-value added tasks. Which gives quantitative data on who the top performers are. Why are they not used more often??

Joker
(@michaeltest)
Eminent Member

There are a couple of reasons.
1. Most of the time, operations is unaware of such a tool.
2. It is very time consuming to setup.
3. The detailed steps for a specific process often have changes. Thus a bit challenging to use.

(@jessicaherron9)
Eminent Member

An LMS is software that takes employee activity data and reports productivity levels on a group of employees, or individual employees. Having an LMS helps organizations optimize workforce productivity by gaining visibility where their workforce labor dollars are being spent and how to optimize their labor.

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: